In hot weather like this, it’s nice to have cold meals. I made this one from Cooking Light with a few modifications (Pho for bean noodles and macadamia nuts for peanuts). Tasty, spicy and refreshing!
- 1 (3.75-ounce) package Pho noodles
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 1/2 tablespoons fish sauce
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 2 teaspoons sambal oelek (ground fresh chile paste) or chile paste with garlic
- 2 cups shredded skinless, boneless rotisserie chicken breast
- 1/2 cup matchstick-cut or grated carrot
- 1/2 cup red bell pepper strips
- 1/3 cup thinly sliced shallots
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro leaves
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh mint
- 1/2 cup chopped unsalted dry-roasted peanuts
1. Cook Pho noodles according to directions
2. While noodles soak, combine vinegar and next 4 ingredients (through sambal), stirring until sugar dissolves. Combine chicken and next 5 ingredients (through mint), tossing well.
3. Drain and rinse noodles with cold water; drain well, squeezing to remove excess water. Snip noodles several times with kitchen shears. Combine noodles and chicken mixture, tossing well to combine. Drizzle noodle mixture with vinegar mixture; toss well to coat. Top with macadamia nuts.