I like to think of all my readers as dazzlingly classy and sophisticated, so some of you may be cringing at the words “jello shots,” which you may not like on their own let alone joined together to create a phrase that’s sure to inspire images of frat parties and beligerent girls in shiny dresses. But jello shots can have a classy side, especially when they’re not dyed grotesque rainbow colors and are garnished with edible glitter.
Fancy Jello Shots
- 2/3 cup frozen pink lemonade concentrate, thawed
- 2 envelopes (1/4 oz. each) gelatin
- 2/3 cup vodka
- edible glitter, for garnish (available online)
- In a large measuring cup, combine the lemonade concentrate and 2/3 cup water; strain into a medium saucepan. Sprinkle the gelatin over the liquid and let soften for 2 minutes. Heat over low heat, stirring constantly, until the gelatin is dissolved, about 5 minutes; stir in the vodka.
- Pour the mixture into a 4-by-8-inch loaf pan and refrigerate until firm, about 4 hours. Cut into 24 pieces. Garnish each piece with the lemon zest.