We’ve been wanting a juicer for a long time, and recently acquired one. I. Can’t. Stop. Juicing. Things. You guys, it’s so satisfying! It makes you feel so alive! It’s the perfect way to spend an afternoon!
So naturally, for my friend’s birthday party this week, I thought I’d make her a little birthday cocktail featuring some fresh juice. I had a yellow watermelon I’d picked up from a fruit stand on the drive home from our honeymoon and our backyard is bursting with blackberries, so I combined the two for this sweet and potent cocktail.
Blackberry Watermelon Birthday Cocktail
- small yellow watermelon
- juice of one lemon
- 1 cup vodka
- 3 cups fresh blackberries
- 1/4 cup Lillet Red Apertif
- sparkling soda (I used Ginger IZZE)
1. Juice watermelon. Add lemon and vodka, stir and set aside.
2. Juice blackberries. Add Lillet.
3. To serve, fill a cocktail shaker with ice, add 1/2 cup of watermelon juice mixture and shake.
4. Strain into a cocktail glass. Add 1/4 cup of blackberry juice. Top with sparkling soda.
For more recipes like this one, check out the Domesticity page.