Apple pie, baseball and jean shorts. These things go together hand in hand, right? So what better way to celebrate our nation’s independence than by creating a ridiculous pair of jean shorts to parade around wherever you find yourself this Fourth of July. Glow-in-the-Dark paint may not be advisable if you’re planning to attend a fireworks display, as they may distract those sitting close to you.
- Star shaped stamp (or stamp rubber and carving tool to make your own)
- paint brush
- White fabric paint
- Glow in the dark fabric paint
- Jean Shorts
1. If you are creating your own stamp, draw a star on your rubber block (I used a star cookie cutter as an outline). Cut out star with carving tool.
2. Squirt white fabric paint onto a paper plate, magazine or anything else you have on hand. Dip stamp into paint, making sure it’s fully covered but not dripping with paint.
3. Stamp onto shorts in any manner you choose. Fill in with paintbrush where necessary. Let dry.
4. Paint over stars with glow-in-the-dark paint. Let dry.
5. Strut your stuff!
photos by Shawn Poynter