I’m a big fan of Kitchen Play, which posts menus each month and challenges bloggers to try new recipes and write about them, which just happens to be one of the things I like to do most.
They recently featured a recipe for summertime sangria courtesy of Nutmeg Nanny, sponsored by CUTCO, which I thought would be perfect for our 4th of July gathering, but haven’t gotten around to posting until now. I’m not a big fan of chunks of fruit in my sangria, so I strained it out after it had enough time to sit and let the flavors get to know each other a little bit and opted instead for a simple apple garnish. This stuff was delicious- sweet, but not cloying, and quite refreshing!
- 1 bottle dry red wine (750 milliliter)
- 1/4 cup cognac or brandy
- 1/4 cup triple sec liqueur
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 1/4 cup sugar (depending on your desired sweetness)
- 1 apple – cored and cubed
- 1/2 orange – thinly sliced (peel on)
- 1 lime – thinly sliced (peel on)
- 1/2 cup strawberries – hulled and sliced
- 1/2 cup cherries – seeded and cut in half
- 1 liter seltzer water
Combine all ingredients except seltzer water. Let sit in large pitcher for at least two hours until flavors have combined. When you are ready to serve add seltzer water and enjoy!
For more recipes like this one, check out my Domesticity page.